Dental cleanings differ from your at-home dental routine of brushing and flossing. During your dental cleaning, our dental hygienists include:
- Removal of plaque to prevent periodontal disease and inflammation of the gums
- Removal of calculus (tartar) to prevent gingivitis
- Teeth polishing to remove plaque and stains
It is important that your teeth are regularly cleaned. Effective removal of plaque and calculus can only be done in a dental office with the use of ultrasonic tools and specialized instruments.
Dental exams are performed at your regularly scheduled checkup appointments. All regular checkup appointments will include the following:
- Dental examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: examination of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: examination of the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: examination of all tooth surfaces for decay with specialized instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: examination of current fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.
Schedule a dental appointment with Richard Barton DDS soon so you can receive a thorough dental exam and maintain your oral health! Call 702-456-1147 to arrange a visit with our dentist, Dr. Richard Barton, and arrange your next dental exam and teeth cleaning in Henderson, Nevada.